Wow. Whoa. Now what?
We just got done watching the season finale of LOST and our heads are spinning. Just when we think we get a handle on the “big picture” of the show we find out we were just as LOST as ever.
A couple of weeks ago I was certain I had it all figured out. During the episode when Charles and Ben were talking about how they can’t kill one another I came up with a couple of theories: 1. They’re aliens using Earth as their play ground and all humans are pawns in their silly childish games. 2. They’re the modern day Cain and Able, again, playing games in their giant playground called Earth and still using humans as game board pieces. Far fetched? Yes. No. Does anyone really know?
I think the most far fetched part was how the island was moved. You go down a shaft, through a hole in a wall, crawl down a tunnel and then turn a giant mechanical wheel where’s it's inexplicably freezing cold? Puhleeeeeze!!!! Heather says, "it's science fiction." I say it was science fiction from the 50's. Terrible effects and set design. I know they have a bigger budget than that. However, I did like how the island did finally disappear. I never thought it would just vanish like that, I figured it would kind of float away like a giant boat. Silly me!
And now we find out that John is dead. Again. We’re both betting that is not the case. In fact, we’re betting a few things. Here’s our far-fetched predictions for season 5:
James’ predictions:
1. The island will turn upside down, just like the Black Pearl in At Worlds End.
2. The newest threat on the island will be a giant turkey. The survivors fight it, win, and then get magically blasted off of the island.
Ivy’s predictions:
1. The island is moved to the arctic and it now snows all the time.
2. Another underground station is found on the island. This one complete with a transporter ran by a dude named “Scotty.”
Aside from the occasional poor special effects and the strange plot lines, we still love the show. (And technically speaking, we never really thought it was far fetched to move the island, that's how sucked in we are.)
:D


1 comment:
I have never seen Lost but I know that a lot of people love it.
Post a Comment