Meet the newest addition to our family...
∙•● SPARTA ●•∙
On July 7th James found 5 Standard Poodle puppies posted on the Humane Society of Utah website. What we didn't know was the puppies had been there since July 1st (and dogs like these don't last very long). James had been looking for a new dog since before school was out, and finally here was the perfect dog at the more than perfect price. By the time we made it down to Salt Lake later that day all the puppies were gone except for two, a black female and a black male. James had his heart set on the female puppy since first thing that morning, so not all was lost. However, we were a bit disapointed all the apricot colored ones had already been adopted, we were planning to pick one of those up for grandma and grandpa too.
Sparta is approximately 2 months old, and has a very pleasant disposition (so far). She plays well, rests well and gets along with all the other dogs. (We say all the other dogs, because Aunt Heather is currently dog sitting a couple in addition to the ones we already have around the place). Tonight while at Petsmart the trainer took a look at Sparta and half wondered if she wasn't really a Labradoodle. Truth be told, I had wondered that myself because Sparta's hair isn't as curly as I thought it should be. And if not a mix with a labradore, a mix with something else. Time will tell. It will be fun finding out all about Sparta as she grows up.


4 comments:
Are you sure you needed another puppy? She sure is cute. Can't wait to meet her! We are headed to Boston on Saturday, but we will see you on the 24th!
Ivy!! Thank you so much for sharing your blog with me! Sounds like you guys are very busy, especially with sports!
Where exactly to you guys live now? You mention Pocatello... That is where I was born!
Anyways, I'm excited to stay in touch!
She is adorable! I hope that she stays happy and well behaved.
I am so jealous! I have been searching high and low for a standard poodle. I'd love to meet her.
-Jamie
Post a Comment