The school district in Davis County is building a new elementary school that plans to open next fall. Occasionally the district asks for input on the name of new schools from students, and then allows students who live in the area of the new school to vote on the final name.
Well, this new school is planned to have a "galaxy" type theme with different areas of the school being called Sombrero Galaxy, Whirlpool Galaxy, Starburst Galaxy, and
Antennae Galaxy. I think this is a pretty creative way to help teach kids more about science.
Additionally, the school names the kids get to vote on were so funny (downright silly?) that I couldn't resist sharing them. The choices are: Galactic Elementary, Infinity Elementary, or Starship Elementary. Seriously??? Any one of these would officially be the silliest name for any elementary school in the district.
While these school names might work well for the younger kids, I would think when the kids get to the upper grades they might be a teeny tiny bit embarrassed.
James, one of Heather's calculus classes (via very important email), my friend Terri and I came up with some alternate names just in case they need any more suggestions:
Twinkle Elementary
Buzz Lightyear Elementary
Zurgg Elementary
James T Kirk Elementary
Outter Rim Elementary
Black Hole Elementary
Skywalker Elementary
and so on...
Feb 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment