Jan 19, 2010

Snowboarding

Hooray for snow!

Last year we missed out on ALL snowboarding because of James' broken arm (although we did get in 1 ski day at the very end of the season). This year we took our first runs on Martin Luther King day with our friends Isa and Kai.

I hadn't boarded for 2 years and I was glad remembering how to do it came back so quickly. I didn't even fall down getting off the lift! (And believe me, that IS an accomplishment.)

Not quite sure how many times we'll be able to sneak up to board this winter, but we will make the most of each chance we get.

There was a small bit of snow falling and it was an all around
great day to be on the slopes!


Funny how in still photos it looks like they're not really doing anything.

James has learned to ride very well up on his toes.
When I try to do this for more than say 7 or 8 seconds, I generally fall down.

This was Kai's first day skiing ever. He got the hang of it quickly!

No comments: