Jun 26, 2008

Working in Jackson, WY

I think I need to re-evaluate where I live.

I spent June 23-26 working in Jackson, WY...and it was fantastic.

I was invited to go up and help the state of Wyoming evaluate their state wide pandemic influenza exercise, SPIRE. The exercise was similar to Utah's SPHERE (State-wide Public Health Emergency Response Exercise) last year, and it was comforting to see other states experience the same state-local communication challenges as Utah.

Sometimes when you travel for work, there are a couple of perks. The perks this time were incredible scenery and how convenient it was to walk and ride my bike all over town. And pictures. took plenty of pictures to share, and here they are. =)

Bear Lake at about 7:00 am. BEAUTIFUL!

I took this photo of a grove of aspen trees in Idaho outside of Montpilier while waiting for some roadwork. One setback of driving in the summer...miles and miles of roadwork.












View outside of Afton, Wyoming. If you look really, really, really closely, you can see the moon just above the mountains.










I really enjoyed riding my bike up and down many of the streets in downtown Jackson. The traffic is fairly heavy this time of year, but the further you got from Broadway, the more bearable it was. I took a photo of this cute little house close to Snow King.









And here's the Teton County Public Health Department. This was my temporary office setting for the week. I was very impressed with the staff and their preparedness efforts. They also knew how to plan for really good food each day...essential seeing we worked right through lunch the whole week!






After work on day 1, I drove up the road a bit to take a look at the scenery. The clouds were amazing in this photo I took of the grand tetons.

The night before I left to come back home I drove up to the top of Teton Pass to look at the snow...up close and personal. At this spot I actually hiked down across the snow a bit and got some in my sandals. I only got snow in one sandal by the way. =)

2 comments:

LIZ said...

I love Jackson and considered moving there once. Too bad I didn't because that way I would not be living in Chicago right now. Looks like you had a great time. Miss ya.

The Keegan's said...

Wow your pictures are amazing, no wonder you want to live in WY.