Oct 3, 2008

Kansas City (day 3)

This morning I met someone from Topeka! For those of you who don't watch Fosters (absolutely the BEST cartoon EVER), this won't mean anything to you. But, for those of you who do, you'll know why that's kinda funny. When I told James he wanted to know if I asked the "is it hot" and "are you a toe picker" questions, but, I refrained.

The keynote speaker this morning was fantastic, all information on profiles of suicide bombers and some additional insider information on the London bus bombings. After that, the presentations all went down hill and I was very glad to be leaving (the meeting that is). The drive to the airport was quick, and I was a little bit sad I didn't plan to spend more time there exploring.
Crossing the Missouri River

The Kansas City "International" Airport was interesting. I don't know where their international flights come in and out of, but the terminal I was at had nothing but small plane-lets coming and going. I guess that makes sense seeing Kansas City is in the middle of the country, therefore the flights to just about anywhere in the country don't take too long. The best thing about the airport is the wireless Internet is FREE (I hate how Salt Lake and Atlanta and others charge a fee), so I kept pretty entertained while waiting to board the plane. However, after getting on the plane I missed that free Internet! Plane-lets don't have in-flight movies, they don't have tv's in the back of headrests, and they're not too good on keeping a supply of Sky Malls around. Thank goodness for ipods! (And the pretty incredible clouds outside my window.)

No comments: