Aside from the usual boring flight over the flat part of Kansas (and the strange shuttle driver who stepped on the gas, eased up, stepped on the gas, eased up, over and over again...), I'm really liking the Kansas City area. Lots of trees and much greener than I anticipated. Pretty, pretty, pretty. Now, if they only had a mountain or two...
And...my hotel, the Great Wolf Lodge, is pretty darn cool. Very kid/family oriented (too bad I didn't bring James), complete with arcade and indoor water park. Time will tell on how top quality the work meetings will be.
Lastly, I got to catch up with an old Lagoon friend over dinner tonight. Through facebook (love facebook!) I learned that Tori moved to Kansas City recently, so we made plans to get together while I was here. Dinner was some BBQ pulled pork (pretty tasty) and we talked and laughed and talked some more. I think I'm pretty glad I drew the short straw. =)


2 comments:
Ok, so we LOVE GWL!!! We take the kids there every year for President's day (lame holiday that we take advantage of in the water) and usually around parker's b0day in October/nov! It is the best kid friendly place! They have activities to do and the waterpark, putput, etc. Yeah, sorry no mountains, but I got suckered in the beauty of the trees and the green too! I wish I would have known! KC is about 3 hours away (I might have tried to arrange somethign!) NOw I'm going to check out GWL! You can see my blog from Feb I think if you want to remember in the future! :)
That hotel is amazing! Hey girl I found your blog through Lyndi Averett Belnaps! I have read back quite a ways and love your view on life! How is life treating you??? Feel free to check out my blog too!
Post a Comment