Once the fire was going we decided to cook hobo dinners. What are hobo dinners? Cheap-o meals thrown together in some aluminum foil and thrown in the fire to cook. Some people call them tin dinners, but I've always called them hobo dinners because that's what we called them at scout camp. =) James' menu consisted of sliced ham, sliced potatoes and cheddar cheese soup. Here's a not so appetizing photo (but it actually tasted GREAT!).
My menu was ground beef, sliced potatoes, sliced onions, cream of mushroom soup, some pepper and garlic. Turned out pretty good, but I think if we do it again I'll add a lot more spices to the beef before throwing it in the foil. Oh, and maybe some mushrooms too!!
Later in the evening Heather, Chris, Lisa and Josh came over and joined us for s'mores. YUM!
Lisa's shape-challenged toasted marshmallow...
Ivy's perfectly toasted marshmallow...


2 comments:
Try adding some brown gravy or onion soup mix. I love hobo dinners! Yummy!
Fun, Ivy! Our boys love making fires and burning marshmallows and having flame throwing constests to see who's flaming mallow goes the farthest ;) Trust me, too much fun here! And we call ours tinfoil dinners and LOVE THEM!!! One of my favs!
Post a Comment