Sep 1, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

I spent Labor Day weekend doing...well...labor! For those of you who don't already know, about a year ago I got this wild and crazy idea to repaint the entire first floor of the house, pull up all the linoleum and carpet and replace it with wood (and tile in the bathroom). Well, the paint part was fairly easy. The floor part was ok, thank goodness I had lots of help from Heather to keep me sane. And the tile was actually kinda fun (thank goodness Fred was around the help me with the plumbing aspect!) We were on a tight deadline to get it all done, right up until the day we left for our vacation in Hawaii. I kept telling everyone that I had to get it done before I left town, because I wouldn't finish it if I didn't. And, well, everything got done except for putting up new baseboards.
Fast forward to this weekend. =) I don't know why it took me a year to get tired of looking at unfinished walls to get me moving, but hey, at least it got me moving! Heather kept me sane again by accompanying me to the store to purchase new baseboards, cut the wood (yes, I'm a miter saw genius!), and get it all into place. Whew! Job DONE!

Baseboards, cut (to the right length even!) and ready to be stuck to the wall.




And...since I have all this get stuff done energy, I decided to pull the carpet off of the stairs.


Hey, if you're going to remodel, you might as well do it all!!! My garbage can is completley full, so now I have a pile of very attractive carpet and carpet pad on my front porch. Can anyone say WT? Not to worry, I'll have an empty can tomorrow. ;o) After the stairwell I plan to move on to re-do the entire upstairs as well. Maybe after I'm done with the inside I can finally get the energy to take care of the weeds on the outside...

3 comments:

Erik and Tammy said...

Hey! We dont have carpet on our stairs right now either!

The Keegan's said...

Can you do my house next?

LIZ said...

Wow, look at you super woman!